Aug 2011
Wonton Chicken Tacos

Recently my husband asked me to make wonton tacos, similar to those he had at a restaurant. I’ve never worked with wonton wrappers before, but they are very easy and fun to work with. I have a TON of wrappers leftover, so it looks like I need to find some more recipes that use wonton wrappers.

These tacos are tasty and would be great as an appetizer. We used shredded chicken as our base, but you can of course us beef or pork. The wrappers crisp up nicely, and create a crunchy base for your taco. Top it with cheese and veggies, and you have an impressive looking appetizer ready in no time.

Wonton Chicken Tacos
Yields: 12 tacos

Ingredients:
12 wonton wrappers
Shredded mexican chicken or ground beef
Pepper jack cheese
Shredded lettuce
Red bell pepper, diced
Green onions
Cilantro, finely chopped

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the wonton wrappers in a mini muffin tin, gently folding the wrapper
slightly so they fit into the cups.

Top your wonton wrappers with chicken or beef, shredded lettuce, red bell peppers, shredded cheese, green onions and a pinch of cilantro.

Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until the tacos are brown in color. Serve
immediately with salsa and sour cream.

Source: Inspired from Beef Recipes

Print Friendly

This entry was posted in Appetizer, Chicken, Main Dish, Mexican. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Wonton Chicken Tacos

1. katie says:

Such a cute little taco! I make these with totrtillas in full size muffin tins, they are so fun.

2. Nicole, RD says:

These look SOOOOOO good! Can’t wait to make them :)

3. maeghan says:

Great idea! I love using wontons for appetizers!

4. What a great idea! So cute for a party! Love this idea for when I have a few wonton wrappers left!

5. Etta says:

Ooh… these look yummy! I saw your post over on the nest and had to take a look. I may have to try these out for dinner tonight. :)

6. Jey says:

Yum, these look so good!

7. Such an easy recipe! I need to whip some of these up. My hubby loves anything Mexican.

8. Erin says:

These look great, I’m looking forward to making them over the weekend!

9. Pingback: Lunch Bunch: Mexican Hats | teachinginstyle

10. Candice says:

Another great way to use the wontons is fill them with chili, cheese, green onion, and have sour cream as garnish. I usually bake my cups for 5 mins before I fill them.

You can also fill with spinach dip an top with mozza or parm and bake..Very awesome!