How To: Shred Chicken with your KitchenAid Mixer

I debated whether or not to even post this, as it is not a recipe, nor is there really much instruction to this post. However, it is such a genius idea, I couldn’t NOT share it with y’all.

I used to dread shredding chicken, and it would take me forever to shred the chicken with two forks. Not now! You can easily shred chicken by throwing it in the bowl of your KitchenAid mixer, turning it to medium speed and let it do its thing. In only 30 seconds, you have perfectly shredded chicken to use in your favorite dips or dishes. As if I needed another reason to love my KitchenAid mixer…;)

Directions:
Cook your chicken as desired. Place the hot chicken into the bowl of your mixer. (Be sure that your chicken is warm, cold chicken is hard to shred). Using the paddle attachment, mix the chicken on medium speed for 20-30 seconds, until the chicken is shredded to your liking. Use as desired in your favorite recipe.

Source: Chef Talk

Print Friendly

Comments

1. says

Oh that’s interesting! My mom makes several dishes around the holidays where she shredds chicken…by hand. She always complains about the time it takes, so I am going to pass this tip along to her. Thanks so much!

2. says

Gen.ius. How have I not seen this?!?! I’m SO glad you decided to share this because I too dread shredding chicken. I will DEFINITELY be using this method in the future! AND I’m going to go ahead and repin this on Pinterest to share with my friends!

3. Steve Shaw says

Dear Mr. President, please immediately create a new national holiday for the individual who came up with this idea. Allow me to beat my head against the wall for the next month thinking of the hours and hours of pulling chicken apart with forks until my hands were in pain. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read it, immediately drove home and stole my mom’s Kitchenaid mixer, boiled 6 boneless breasts, fileted them and shredded them in under a minute! PERFECT!!!!!!!

4. says

this worked great for me! My chicken was leftover grilled chicken from the day before, so I microwaved it for a minute since it was cold before I putted it in the mixer. Thanks for the tip about it working better when the chicken is hot.
    I am so using this method to shred my chicken from now on! thanks :)

5. Connie says

Don’t apologize for THIS post…you have made many chicken-shredders very happy! Can’t wait to try it! Chicken Enchilada Casserole anyone?

6. Skorpeyon says

I actually discovered this method on my own when I was feeling incredibly lazy one day. It works very well with the dough attachment as well. I will caution using the paddle because if you overdo it you can end up with a sort of paste… That was gross. But just don’t leave it run and you should be fine!

Trackbacks

1. […] Thanks to my friend over at Stick A Fork In It, I will NEVER shred chicken by hand again. Check out this post for all the fun details. My friend Abby would have killed for this secret 6 months ago when she […]

2. […] have a Kitchenaid mixer (or something similar) you can use the paddle to shred the chicken (click here for a how to). 2. Rinse pot out and put back on stove over medium heat. Put cream cheese in pot […]