Say it with me know. Brownie. Batter. Dip. As in, a perfectly acceptable reason to eat brownie batter, without worrying about eating raw eggs. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, silky and chocolate-y, and seriously tastes just like brownie batter. It’s uh-mazing. Serve it with strawberries, pretzels, vanilla wafers, marshmallows, animal crackers and/or apples. Or, just grab a spoon. I won’t judge. 🙂
- 8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder, regular or Dutch-process
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Pretzels, strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers, animal crackers, or apples for dipping
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add the cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add additional powdered sugar or milk if needed, until the desired consistency is reached. You want the dip to be soft enough to easily dip a pretzel without breaking it, but stiff enough to hold its shape and not be runny.
- Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe