Why does it seem like the weekends just fly by, while we work weeks drag on? This weekend was a blur, a fun blur, but definitely a blur. We celebrated with a good friend at her baby shower, had dinner with out-of-town friends, celebrated the fact the my father-in-law became an ordained pastor (SO proud of him!), AND got to look a puppies. Yes, one week old yellow lab puppies. I just about died from the cuteness. One of those little ladies will be coming home with us in April, and I can’t wait!
Weekends like this, I just don’t have time for complicated deserts or meals, so when I needed a dessert for the church banquet, I knew I needed something fast and easy. This chocolate Oreo lasagna fit the bill perfectly. You start by making an Oreo crust, spread on a layer of sweet cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding and then top it with whipped topping and crushed Oreos. It is to.die.for. It’s rich, creamy, and so decadent that you’ll find yourself going back for second and thirds.
Chocolate Oreo Lasagna
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 package Oreos, crushed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-12 oz tubs whipped topping
- 2-3.9 oz packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 ¼ cups cold milk
- Process cookies in a food processor until they are finely crushed. Reserve ½ cup of Oreo crumbs for the topping. Transfer remaining Oreo crumbs to a medium bowl; mix in melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 13×9 inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat the pudding mixes and the milk together with a whisk for two minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in 1 container of the whipped topping and fold together until well incorporated.
- Spread the cream cheese layer evenly across the top of the Oreo crust, then spread the pudding on top. Top the pudding layer with the remaining whipped topping, then garnish with crushed Oreos. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *To cut clean, even pieces, place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
Source: Mandy’s Recipe Box