Dessert is a rare treat around here. I’d love to be one of those people that has dessert every night, but then I would probably weigh 100 pounds more than I do right now. The other problem is, if I do make dessert, I have to make a whole cake, a whole pan of brownies, or a couple dozen cookies. That has the potential for disaster as I have zero self-control when it comes to sweets. Especially chocolate. Or ice cream. Or cake. Ok, you get the idea.
Once in a while though, we’ll make a decadent dinner on a Saturday night that strays from our usual healthy faire. IF you’re going to splurge on dinner, might at as well splurge on dessert as well, right? This dessert is perfect, as it only makes 2 servings. It’s decadent enough that one dish is enough though. Serve them right out of the oven topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfection. If you prefer a chocolate chip cookie version, check out this recipe.
Deep Dish Brownie Sundaes for Two
For the brownies:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium heatproof bowl, add the butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Place the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water (bowl should not touch) and stir until everything is smooth and melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until thickened and color lightens. Whisk in the melted chocolate then whisk in salt, vanilla, and flour.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two ramekins. Place 1 teaspoon chocolate chips into the middle of each brownie; press the chips lightly into the batter. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tops look dry and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Chocolate Moosey