I was listening to the radio the other day, and they said that if Santa ate all the cookies that were set out for him on Christmas Eve, he would gain approximately 721,000 pounds. Well, clearly that calculation is wrong because calories don’t count during the holidays, right?
Right. Which is a good thing, because I made this puppy chow with the intention to take it to work to share with my loving coworkers, and somehow it never made it out of my kitchen. It’s a twist on the classic puppy chow recipe, but using white chocolate and crushed candy canes to give it a Christmas-ey twist. I love everything white chocolate and peppermint, so this was right up my alley. Serve it on Christmas Eve or bag it up to give to friends and family.
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 10 ounces melting white chocolate
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl. Melt white chocolate in the microwave or by using a double boiler until melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal, mixing until completely covered. Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- In a large ziplock bag, add the powdered sugar and the chocolate covered cereal, then shake until well covered. Discard the excess powdered sugar.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction