Guys. My baby is 10 months old. Which is almost ONE year old. Which is like, a toddler. Which should not surprise me, as she recently has started throwing temper tantrums when I move her away from something she shouldn’t be doing. Like playing in the dog’s water dish for the millionth time.
She is becoming a real person instead of a chubby baby blob that could lay contently in her swing for hours and hours. She’s also into eating real food. No more baby food here! She loves to pick up food and feed herself whatever I put on her tray. Consequently, she also loves to pick up food and casually drop it on to the floor for the dog. Thank goodness for dogs though! I can’t imagine having to clean my floor every time I feed Avery a meal.
These meatballs are perfect for kiddos and adults alike. I snuck in some veggies, but the meatballs are so flavorful you wouldn’t even notice them. I love to make a big batch of them and freeze them, then pull out of the freezer as needed. Perfect for lunches or to eat over pasta. My little one loves them just as much as my husband and I do.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, spinach, carrots, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop to scoop the beef and then form into a ball in your hands. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Source: Stick a Fork In It original recipe.