Every day it is becoming more and more evident that my sweet little baby is turning more into a toddler. Even though she can’t quite walk on her own yet, she loves to climb…into laundry baskets, onto a stack of boxes, and recently she stood up in her toy car and lunged onto the coffee table. Greatttt.
She also becoming somewhat of a picky eater. She used to chow down on anything we put in front of her, but lately, she’s been generously sharing her veggies with the dog, and refusing to eat much of anything other than cheese, bread and fruit. Clearly, she is my daughter.
Blueberries have been a huge hit lately, and perfect because I don’t have to chop them up in a billion pieces before I put the on her highchair. I made these blueberry pancakes for both of the us the other morning and she went crazy over them. I love that they are high in protein from the oats and yogurt, and low in sugar. I made a large batch and froze a bunch of pancakes so I can easily heat them up for us in the mornings. As we start to enter berry season, I can’t wait to try this recipes with blackberries, strawberries and raspberries!
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and a nonstick griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, butter and eggs. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add blueberries and gently toss to combine.
- Lightly coat a griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Scoop ⅓ cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top and underside is nicely browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook pancakes on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer; keep warm in oven.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Source: Damn Delicious