Halloween is this weekend – yay! I was never a huge fan of Halloween, but having a kid definitely changes things. Now I want to do all the things.
Neighborhood Halloween party?
Festive Halloween treats?
The reality is my 18 month old could care less about Halloween, will probably throw a fit and refuse to wear her adorable elephant costume, and certainly has no interest in carving pumpkins. (aka balls, as she calls them. Everything that is round is a ball.)
Anyways, we will be attending our neighborhood pre-trick or trick party, and festive snacks are definitely on the menu. In addition to some cupcakes that will hopefully resemble monsters, I plan to bring along some of this festive popcorn mix. It is basically white chocolate covered popcorn, with some additional deliciouness added in. You could of course add in whatever you like – M+M’s, nuts, cereal, marshmallows, etc. Be creative and have fun with it.
Looking for another snack mix? Check out my fall snack mix.
- 1 package Almond Bark (1 lb)
- 12 cups popped popcorn (about ½ cup kernels)
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces or Halloween M&M's
- Melt the almond bark in a double boiler or in a microwave, heating on high for 30 seconds at a time. Stir the almond bark then return to the microwave for another 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn and the almond bark, and toss until the popcorn is well coated with the chocolate.
- Add in the candy corn, nuts, and Reese's Pieces and stir until evenly mixed.
- Spread in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper and let dry. Break into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.