January is over. I hope everyone met their health and fitness goals, but…
Can we stop talking about kale smoothies and quiona and talk about cake now?
Ok, good. Because this cake is darn good! It may looks like a simple pound cake, but it is so much more than that. The kicker to this cake is the buttery sugar glaze that you pour on top of the cake. Flip the cake out of the pan and you have a crunchy, buttery crust on the bottom of the cake. It’s like a giant glazed donut, and it will knock your socks off. Dust some powdered sugar on top and you have yourself a bundt cake that not only looks beautiful, but tastes incredible. Go make it, right now.
- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C
- Grease a 10'' bundt pan with non-stick spray or butter, then dust the pan with confectioner's sugar and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, then add in the dry ingredients. Mix in the buttermilk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
- When the cake is done baking, make the glaze. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Poke holes all over the warm cake using a knife and pour the glaze evenly on the cake while still in the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan and then invert the cake onto a serving plate.
Source: Cookies & Cups