Aren’t these peanut butter heart cookies an adorable dessert for Valentine’s day? I used a classic peanut butter blossom recipe and used Reeses peanut butter hearts instead of kisses. Simple, adorable and festive. Whether you have a Valentine or not, everyone deserves something sweet on V-day…so make up a batch for your sister, your best friend or a coworker. Spread a little love. The world surely could use some more love right now.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- 18 Reeses hearts, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat ½ cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 Reeses heart in the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker