Crunch time people! It now 2 days before Christmas. Raise your hand if you have all your shopping, wrapping, baking and cooking done. Now all your overachievers put your hands down and get outta here!
I had high hopes to get everything done well before Christmas this year, but there’s always those last minute grocery store runs, presents to pick up, or cookies to bake. If you’re in need of a quick dessert, this cheesecake is perfect for it. It whips up in minutes, and since you don’t bake it, there is no messing around with a water bath to avoid those ugly cheesecake cracks. Top it with fresh berries, chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and you have a perfect dessert for Christmas dinner.
- 15 graham crackers (8 ounces)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup Chobani plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until finely crushed. Add the melted butter, sugar and salt to the crumbs and pulse until combined. Press the crumbs into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Use the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cub to press down the crumbs firmly. Set aside.
- To make whipped cream, use a whisk attachement and beat the heavy cream on high until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add in the confectioners sugar, Greek yogurt, vanilla and a pinch of salt, then beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight .
- Serve with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or fresh berries.
Source: Dainty Chef